Old April 23rd 16, 02:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default The EM drive gets another mention

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

says...

William Mook wrote:

Aneutronic fusion, that is initiated and supported by the fission of
Lithium-6 with neutrons, allows us to create a compact fusion reactor
that has no adverse reaction products.

No. 'Aneutronic' fusion still emits some neutrons. Just a lot less.
We currently can't get real break even power from fusion fuels that
are much easier to ignite and sustain than He3.

This is yet another example of Mook reading a bit, doing some math, and
concluding that something is possible today, when it is most definitely
not anywhere near being an off the shelf technology.

Perhaps he's got a working structured silicene aneutronic fusion reactor
in his garage, but we have to give him several million and sign an NDA
just to look at it.

Now now. Be realistic. It's not I his garage.

That's where he keeps his prototype of the computing sphere he's going to
launch into orbit and bring supercomputing to everyone.

The fusion reactor is attached to the chest of the special suit he's
building.

Jeff