Old January 26th 05, 09:09 PM
Eric Chomko

: Eric Chomko wrote:

: Given that the HST won't be getting a robit mission, should we
: continue with the technology and actually develop and test it on
: ISS?! (Proof of concept).

: Looks like such testing has already begun. From today's ISS report:

: "The crew first installed a Universal Work Platform at the forward
: end of the large conical section of Zvezda. They mounted a German
: commercial experiment called Rokviss (Robotics Component Verification
: on ISS) on the platform... The Rokviss consists of a small double-
: jointed manipulator arm, an illumination system and a power supply.
: ...Rokviss will test the ability of lightweight robotic joints to
: operate in the vacuum of space for future assembly work or satellite
: repair and servicing."

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Rand didn't seem to understnd the
question or was just being obtuse.

Eric