Old September 16th 03, 12:16 PM
roy

Default Popping The Big Bang

Jim Greenfield wrote:

Second, and importantly, to maintain isotropy and homogeneity in an
expanding universe endows the closer to center galxies with some
form of telepathy! An expanding smoke cloud does not maintain
homogeneity- neither would an expanding universe! Simple geometry
shows the outer galaxies spreading faster, so the inner ones need a
mechanism to maintain an equal separation.....
("POP")

I don't see how you justify that. As far as I know BB argument states
that recessional effects on mass distribution will be the same for
both the observer and the observed. When we see galaxies speeding away
and "rareifying" as groups in their region the same is happenning here
to our groups. Neither place theirs or ours is special or different
in terms of recession. Expansion is, roughly speaking, a product of
hubble and distance. East or West makes no difference.

roy

Jim G