Old July 24th 04, 08:30 AM
dude

"Jay Windley" wrote in message

"dude" wrote in message

| Now I just have to take issue with your blanket assumption. It
| might be right for some things but take the JFK "magic bullet"
| theory.

Nearly every conspiracy theory contains oversimplification. That does not
mean every oversimplified theory is a conspiracy theory.

I just hope you don't buy the "Magic Bullet" theory. That would make me
nervous......

| Just to reiterate sometimes experts agree with conspiracy theories
| like with the "magic bullet" theory.

Expertise is not insurance against error. But the lack of expertise is
almost a sure guarantee of error where complex subjects are concerned.

| But it would also be helpful if you sited how Hogland was wrong
| instead of just saying he is.

W-a-v-e-l-e-n-g-t-h.

Just for the record I am not for or against Hoagland. I haven't taken the
time to see what he is really arguing but just telling me:

"W-a-v-e-l-e-n-g-t-h"

Does not solve any debate. To make a valid argument you should list what
Hoagland says is the reason for the mismatch in color then you can say that
variations in the wavelength on Mars as compared to Earth is the reason that
Hoagland is wrong. Also does Hoagland claim to take the wavelength into
account?

I've looked at his website for only a short time and don't feel like digging
through his explanations.. However, if I wanted to say he was right/wrong I
WOULD dig through it so I could either validate or invalidate his reasoning.

Did you dig through his research?

| His website supposedly gives the reasons he is right.

Lots of web sites that make outrageous claims give reasons why they think
they are right. Most of Hoagland's readers and supporters are not experts
in the material he covers. And neither, of course, is Hoagland. He has
made a living for the past 20 years trying to convince the public that

NASA
is lying about one thing or another. Alien ruins on the moon, shopping
malls on Mars. You name it. Just because he throws some

technical-sounding
mumbo-jumbo at you or applies random Photoshop filters doesn't mean he

knows
what he is doing or talking about.

And to borrow from one of my other posts: Why don't they have a color
palette on all landers?

If it was good enough for one of them why wouldn't they do it for all?

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org