Old July 24th 04, 06:17 AM
Jay Windley

"dude" wrote in message

| Now I just have to take issue with your blanket assumption. It
| might be right for some things but take the JFK "magic bullet"
| theory.

Nearly every conspiracy theory contains oversimplification. That does not
mean every oversimplified theory is a conspiracy theory.

| Just to reiterate sometimes experts agree with conspiracy theories
| like with the "magic bullet" theory.

Expertise is not insurance against error. But the lack of expertise is
almost a sure guarantee of error where complex subjects are concerned.

| But it would also be helpful if you sited how Hogland was wrong
| instead of just saying he is.

W-a-v-e-l-e-n-g-t-h.

| His website supposedly gives the reasons he is right.

Lots of web sites that make outrageous claims give reasons why they think
they are right. Most of Hoagland's readers and supporters are not experts
in the material he covers. And neither, of course, is Hoagland. He has
made a living for the past 20 years trying to convince the public that NASA
is lying about one thing or another. Alien ruins on the moon, shopping
malls on Mars. You name it. Just because he throws some technical-sounding
mumbo-jumbo at you or applies random Photoshop filters doesn't mean he knows
what he is doing or talking about.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org