Old January 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Trane Francks

Default Utility we found that makes our old Telescope Observer programwork on fast computers

On 01/16/04 11:07 +0900, Regina Roper wrote:

off the net: I had discovered that it won't run on machines with CPU
speeds of about 400 MHz or faster (due to the age of the Borland
compilers we used to compile the Pascal and C modules of the
software.)

The problem comes from the delay-loop calibration during
initialization of the CRT unit. If your apps can operate without
the CRT unit, simply remove it from the uses statement and
recompile. If that doesn't do the trick, there are CRT fixes
available. My favourite is the drop-in replacement that was
distributed by TurboPower. If you'd like it, drop me an e-mail
and I'll forward it to you. (TurboPower has closed its doors and
while the files are still available via http, it's difficult to
find 'em.) With the TurboPower CRT replacement, you just
recompile the executables and things run fine again. No
source-code changes are required.

trane
// Trane Francks Tokyo, Japan