Old July 18th 09, 05:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics
[email protected]

Default An American Colony on Mars!

In sci.physics Marvin the Martian wrote:
Buzz Aldrin tells it like it is: the moon is a "dead end"!!

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...rin-calls-for-
an-American-colony-on-Mars

Buzz Aldrin calls for "an American colony" on Mars
by Magnifico
Digg this! Share this on Twitter - Buzz Aldrin calls for "an American
colony" on MarsTweet this submit to reddit Share This
Thu Jul 16, 2009 at 01:49:51 PM PDT

Buzz Aldrin, the second person to walk on the moon, writes in an opinion
piece at the Washington Post that "it is time we were bold again in
space."

Aldrin's vision, "Time to Boldly Go Once More", advocates creating an
American colony on Mars in 20 years. He believes if the United States
space program "avoided the pitfall of aiming solely for the moon, we
could be on Mars by the 60th anniversary year of our Apollo 11 flight."

Aldrin thinks NASA plans to re-explore the moon is a "dead end". Instead,
Aldrin says we should commit our nation to establishing "an American
colony" on Mars.

I can hardly wait for the first shipment of Martian Pinot Noir and
beaver pelts to arrive from the "colony".

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.