Old November 16th 06, 02:46 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

Craig Fink wrote:

Personally, I from what I've read in the CAIB, it doesn't look to me that
NASA seriously looked at the repair option before putting out the report.
Bags of water

For once and for all, forget the bags of water. Water at cabin
temperature will boil on contact with vacuum, and the bag will explode.
All you are going to end up with is a huge shower of small droplets
spraying all over the airlock's insides as soon as it's depressurized.

Pat