Old September 11th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

Default Looking for UK Contact for Amazon.co.uk Purchase

In message , john p davies
writes
Slightly OT but:

I have one of these cameras and thought that it would record images as
did the Toucam 840(which I also have). However, on the first imaging
run I found that if you use the video programme supplied with the
camera it records the video as mpeg NOT avi. Registax does not use
mpeg. Is there a utility that will convert to avi?

Any number, and often either shareware or free as long as you only want
short clips.
I've used WinMPG http://www.winmpg.com/ (the current version
apparently adds a watermark until you pay for it!) and Smart-Soft Video
Converter successfully - I'll have to amend my web site because the firm
seems to have disappeared, but the product is still around!
As you can see I'm not up to date, so I'll be interested to see other
people's favourites.