Old January 20th 04, 08:44 PM
wlhaught

Default OT: How about personal rapid transit (PRT) LOTS of LINKS (was Moon and Mars expeditions vs. RLV development

"vthokie" wrote in message
om...

Another initiative that I think would benefit citizens more than
Bush's space plan would be a national commitment to develop a high
speed rail network. America's long neglected passenger rail system
has fallen far behind the rest of the industrialized world, and with
the exception of Amtrak's 150 mph Acela Express in the northeast,

the
United States doesn't even have any rail service that could be
considered "high speed". Numerous trains in Europe and Japan
routinely operate at up to 300 km/hr (186 mph), and speeds of

greater
than 200 mph are planned. Maglev technology is likely to push

speeds
to 300 mph or more! I'd certainly like to see the United States

take
a leadership role in the industry.

Advanced Transit Association, Journal of Advanced Transportation,
Ultra, Taxi200 (SkyWeb Express), etc.

http://advancedtransit.org/
http://www.cities21.org/
http://www.maitint.org/ Modular Automated Individual Transport
http://seattlelifestyle.tripod.com/c...ommonSense.htm SOME COMMON
SENSE ABOUT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
http://www.acprt.org/
http://www.cprt.org/
http://www.jrc.es/pages/iptsreport/v...h/TRA1E566.htm Personal
Rapid Transit: A Potential New Urban Transport Solution
http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/
http://www.electric-bikes.com/prt.htm
http://www.et3.com/
http://www.cybertran.com/