Old August 26th 17, 09:31 AM posted to rec.arts.sf.written,sci.astro.amateur
Jaimie Vandenbergh

Default 2017 solar eclipse Casper valediction

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:59:47 GMT, (Bice)
wrote:

This gives me a chance
to tell my eclipse story one last time, because everyone I know in
real life is sick of hearing it.

That was great - well done all round!

My '99 Euro eclipse story was a lot simpler: we motorbiked over to the
countryside near the French/German border in the path of totality. As
the sun darkened and the air cooled, clouds formed and blocked the view
completely. We went to a cafe and watched it on the TV. No roads
problems at all before or after.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Good judgement comes from experience.