Old June 13th 09, 01:51 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
rhw007

Default Japanese Moon probe to impact tomorrow

The LRO set to launch soon will be a LONG-TERM mission. Slelene COULD
have been one using ion engines and a more proper orbit, or maybe a
few million more yen$. To intentionally build our robots to fail is a
re-hashing and re-manufacturing 'myth' that we can't build ANYTHING to
last longer than 6 months. I reject that outright. Our engineers
need to think and use long lasting material that stands the rigors of
space, and we MUST begin my SHARING what DARPA knows with Academic
Scientists. Otherwise we WILL be screwed when we cross the plane of
the Milky Way Galaxy in 3 years. Earth will look like Mars.

Bah...even the Soviets won't OPENLY at east put a Lunar Orbiter up, I
quess we should be lucky that NASA is putting one up AFTER the X-37B
test flight.

Bob...
http://www.mycommonsensepolitics.net