Old January 5th 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M15

Some 600 miles of power lines downed in western Nebraska I hear. Have
some family in the area. As of a couple days ago they were still on
generator power.

I've learned never to get below half a tank in winter and carry another
5 gallon can when traveling in winter. Along with blankets, shovel,
sand, candles candy bars (keep having to replace those for some reason)
and other gear. All for nothing up here this year. Glad you found gas
in time. It is a pretty lonely place out there in the sand hills.

Rick

Doug W. wrote:

We got only 8" or so here in Colorado Springs... My visit to Nebraska was
something else... There was a two day ice storm that put over and inch of
ice on everything... power out for days... we were lucky that the temps
stayed around freezing so the motel room was a nice warm 60 deg. I did not
fill the gas tank so I had only 80 miles range to find gas on the way home
and had to go 60 miles before we found a station with power. Was glad to
get back!