Old March 27th 17, 09:53 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Rick,

your image shows that IC446 is well worth to be imaged on it's own.
There is a lot of detail that short focal length and bad seeing can't resolve.

Actually the best nights at La Palma had about the same seeing as an average night on my rooftop terrace. Don't know if that is representative or bad luck.
The place I was staying at was 900m above sea level, so much lower than the big observatories at 2400m, but high enough to make me feel uneasy as I am only used to mountains up to 70m and those are not real mountains but piles of stone from destroyed houses after world war 2...