Old March 13th 13, 10:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Obviousman

Default reference to Andrew Chaikin's book

You aren't thinkng of Charlie Smith, who watched the Apollo 17 launch,
are you? He said:

"I see that's a rocket, but ain't no-one going to the Moon. Me, you or
anybody else."

On 5/03/2013 14:00, Jan Philips wrote:
On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 01:33:22 -0500, Jan Philips
wrote:

On Wikipedia, it says that Andrew Chaikin's "A Man on the Moon" says
that at the time of Apollo 8, some people didn't believe it was real.
(I read the book about 4 years ago.) Can someone tell where in the
book that is? In the chapter on Apollo 8? What part?

Or is there any reference to such beliefs at the time of Apollo 8?