Old October 15th 09, 02:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M33 LRGB

This is a combination of some RGB data taken using the PL39000C on the
AP155EDF f/7 along with unfiltered luminance from the ML8300 used on the
same telescope, but with no filter

I had some superb seeing on the last night of luminance collection using the
ML8300 and AP155EDF: I was measuring 1.3" stars

unfortunately not all of the data was of such high quality :-(

this may be a bit excessive: I have 90 x 5 minutes of unfiltered luminance
(7.5 hours) along with 3.25 hours of RGB (11x15minutes) for a total of 10
hours 15 minutes

I've been doing tricolor emission line for so long that I have pretty much
had to go up a steep learning curve to do an LRGB.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m33...9000C_page.htm

I have some Red and Green data taken using only the ML8300 but haven't got
enough Blue to substitute it just yet so my color isn't quite as saturated
as I know it can be to make the image a bit more vivid

Initially I thought it had insufficient data in the luminance (looked
grainy) but then I realized I am actually seeing a very high density of
stars through nice optics with a fine image scale!

See how you like it...

rdc

Attached Images
File Type: jpg m33_ap155edf_f7_ml8300_90x5min_PL39000C_11x15min_svga.jpg (114.0 KB, 93 views)