Old November 11th 03, 08:15 AM
Christopher P. Winter

Default "Orbital Mechanics for Dummies"

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:33:18 GMT, "Kip Ingram" wrote:

Try "Adventures In Celestial Mechanics" by Victor Szebehely (ISBN
0-292-75105-2). I don't know if it's "for dummies", but I remember
regarding it as particularly accessible, especially when compared to some of
the other texts on my bookshelf. It's also cool that the author is (or at
least was at the time of publication) affiliated with my alma mater The
University of Texas at Austin.

Coming in late, Kip -- but I'll second that.

Dr. Szebehely, alas, died a few years ago. He was with UT Austin until
then. There is a second edition of the book, on which Hans Mark collaborated
with him and had to finish alone.

Chris W