Old September 23rd 11, 04:36 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.math
Pentcho Valev

Default WHAT IF FASTER-THAN-LIGHT TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE

Remember the martyr:

http://bryangwallace.dreamhost.com/s...ics/index.html
Bryan Wallace 1994: "On page 4 of the September 19, 1993 issue of the
Sunday Newspaper PARADE MAGAZINE, Carl Sagan wrote: "It would be
demoralizing to learn that our science is medieval." But by the
standards of the next few centuries, at least some of our present
science will be considered medieval, extraterrestrials or no
extraterrestrials. At the very top of the pile of medieval theories
will be Einstein's relativity theory that starts with the postulate
that for some undefined abstract mystic reason, the speed of light is
the same for all observers, no matter how fast they or an observed
object travels!"

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/...9-p361-367.pdf
RADAR TESTING OF THE RELATIVE VELOCITY OF LIGHT IN SPACE
Bryan G. Wallace, Spectroscopy Letters 1969 pages 361-367
ABSTRACT: "Published interplanetary radar data presents evidence that
the relative velocity of light in space is c+v and not c."
INTRODUCTION: "There are three main theories about the relativity
velocity of light in space. The Newtonian corpuscular theory is
relativistic in the Galilean sense and postulates that the velocity is
c+v relative to the observer. The ether theory postulates that the
velocity is c relative to the ether. The Einstein theory postulates
that the velocity is c relative to the observer. The Michelson-Morley
experiment presents evidence against the ether theory and for the c+v
theory. The c theory explains the results of this experiment by
postulating ad hoc properties of space and time..."

http://www.ekkehard-friebe.de/wallace.htm
Bryan Wallace: "There is a popular argument that the world's oldest
profession is sexual prostitution. I think that it is far more likely
that the oldest profession is scientific prostitution, and that it is
still alive and well, and thriving in the 20th century. I suspect that
long before sex had any commercial value, the prehistoric shamans used
their primitive knowledge to acquire status, wealth, and political
power, in much the same way as the dominant scientific and religious
politicians of our time do. (...) Because many of the dominant
theories of our time do not follow the rules of science, they should
more properly be labeled pseudoscience. The people who tend to believe
more in theories than in the scientific method of testing theories,
and who ignore the evidence against the theories they believe in,
should be considered pseudoscientists and not true scientists. To the
extent that the professed beliefs are based on the desire for status,
wealth, or political reasons, these people are scientific prostitutes.
(...) Einstein's special relativity theory with his second postulate
that the speed of light in space is constant is the linchpin that
holds the whole range of modern physics theories together. Shatter
this postulate, and modern physics becomes an elaborate farce! (...)
The speed of light is c+v. (...) I expect that the scientists of the
future will consider the dominant abstract physics theories of our
time in much the same light as we now consider the Medieval theories
of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin or that the Earth
stands still and the Universe moves around it." [Note: Bryan Wallace
wrote "The Farce of Physics" on his deathbed hence some imperfections
in the text!]

Pentcho Valev