Old February 17th 10, 11:41 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else

Default Well, it took forever... but

On 17/02/2010 11:50 AM, David Spain wrote:
I see only reason for trepidation and fear ahead.

From the link:

1. It's quickly becoming a necessity these days for all big budget, SFX-heavy
films to be in 3D.

Strike one.

2. 2012 director Roland Emmerich discusses his plans ...

Strike two.

3. Emmerich tells MTV: "It has to be done all CG because I would not know how
to shoot this thing in real."

That's worrying. Foundation could almost be done in a live theatre.
Perhaps he's going to focus on the scarely mentioned techology, and
leave out all the 'dull' talk - i.e. almost all of it the story.

Sylvia.