Old May 27th 18, 01:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Questar 5 specifications released, mounting specs later?

On Friday, 25 May 2018 04:39:40 UTC-4, Martin Brown wrote:
On 25/05/2018 01:00, RichA wrote:
Curious to see if they produce a modernized, electronicized mount or
just a regular none Goto unit, perhaps with DC drives?

These days wouldn't they just put a standard mount adaptor on and allow
the purchaser to attach it to which ever high end drive they like?

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

That would mean German mounts. I'm no fan, but some might use them. I think Questar's fork mount is iconic so I hope some variation of it appears.