Old April 30th 19, 07:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default SpaceX Dragon 2 capsule destroyed in abort motor ground test

JF Mezei wrote on Tue, 30 Apr 2019
01:09:47 -0400:

Does Dragon-2 have single fuel and pressuriation system to serve all
Draco and Super Draco engines ?

I doubt it. The SuperDracos are 'podded' in pairs and each pair is
independent from all the others.

Much of the text I read says stuff such as "use the same propellants"
which could either mean they use the same type of fuel, or that they
draw propellands from the same tanks. Hence question.

I think each pair of SuperDracos has its own propel lent tanks and
pressurization system.

Since the system worked for the Dracos during flight, one would want to
look at what is different when you need the Super Dracos. (Or perhaps
for the succesfull flight, the pressurized it only to the pressure
needed by Dracos, knowing SuperDracos would not be used).

I'm pretty sure they're totally independent. The pairs of SuperDracos
are fully independent from each other.

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
live in the real world."