Old February 23rd 05, 05:01 PM

I wonder if you would force your child to make sense of the NMM
explanation for axial rotation and the value of 23 hours 56 min 04 sec.

"Each solar day the Earth rotates 360=BA with respect to the Sun.
Similarly the Earth rotates 360=BA with respect to the background stars
in a sidereal day. During each solar day, the motion of the Earth
around the Sun means the Earth rotates 361=BA with respect to the
background stars."

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/nav.00500300l005001000

No doubt there has to be at least one responsible parent out there who
can recognise that something went badly wrong without trying to make
excuses, insofar as that error is the thin end of a very big wedge
that ends in relativity and the exotic trash of that cartoon concept.

Again,would you force your child to make sense of that explanation from
the NMM ?. I suspect you lot are cruel enough to make excuses and
wangle your way out but then you become subhuman.

At least I can say I tried.