Old May 13th 04, 08:48 PM
Doug...

says...

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Scott Hedrick wrote:

Which has what to do with what was said? If Canadians are Americans, then
they need to start drinking our beer.

I tried drinking US beer once ... it was an awful experience, the alcohol
content is so low, that I was sobering up faster than I could drink
the stuff ... :-)

It gets worse- try the Americanized versions of imports. I've had imported
Killian's Irish Red- the crap that Coors passes off is Coors Light with food
coloring.

Bass is just plain sneaky. You can toss down a half-dozen and pass a
breathalyzer- then it attacks all at once.

Yeah, Bass can be sneaky that way. Personally, I prefer Summit to Bass,
but maybe that's because Summit is made in Minnesota and I get it fresh.

I have to add one particular product to my list of favorites, though.
Caffrey's Irish Ale. But only if you can get it in the UK. I traveled
to England once and fell in love with Caffrey's -- it's a full-bodied
dark ale with such a smooth consistency that it's a joy to drink. The
version you can get in the States is a passable copy, but the creamy
flavor and texture just aren't there.

Doug