Old July 16th 03, 10:23 PM
John Ordover

Default Why we need a fast courier rocket service

"Christopher M. Jones" wrote in message ...
"John Ordover" wrote:
Which explains why we use racing cars to carry packages rather than
trucks. Sorry, shooting small things a lot of times is a whole lot
more expensive and inefficient then sending one large thing. Can you
imagine the fuel cost in the scenario you suggest? The wear-and-tear
costs? The costs of having refueling avaiible all over the place?
Won't work.

Here's a big clue for you John, there ain't no speed limits
above the atmosphere.

Sure there are. Come back in at the wrong speed and you'll burn up.
So unless you want to burn fuel to kill your velocity, which would
increase your weight, lower your range and profits, etc., you have to
stay below the burn-up speed. Remember, there's also no -friction-
above the atmosphere to slow you down.