Old March 24th 17, 12:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Mars flyover from orbiter images.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:16:07 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Wednesday, 22 March 2017 13:45:12 UTC-4, Chris.B wrote:
What it says on the tin:

https://vimeo.com/207076450

Stunning!

Didn't need the music or the fake (by moving the image) "pans" over the scenery. I'd have settled for the photos. But it does occur to me that one way to sell Mars would be as a sports destination, for mountain climbers and such. Of course, they'd have to watch out for dust storms.

I'm not sure a dust storm on Mars poses much risk to someone on the
surface. The dust grains themselves could be abrasive and do some
surface damage to a suit, but otherwise, you'd hardly notice the
fastest winds on Mars, which have less energy than a mild breeze on
Earth.