Old May 2nd 12, 07:01 AM posted to sci.space.history
Obviousman

Default Apollo Lunar Surface Communications Requirements

From NASA Technical Note TN D-6974 Apollo Experience Report - Lunar
Module Communication System available for download free from the NASA
Technical Reports Server (NTRS):

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp

Direct download of that file:

http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19720023255

On 2/05/2012 13:16, Alan Erskine wrote:
On 29/04/2012 10:46 AM, Obviousman wrote:
On 14/04/2012 21:14, Alan Erskine wrote:
Does anyone know how many communications circuits the large deployable
parabolic antenna could manage? There were voice, telemetry and video
circuits, but how many of each?

The S-Band carried:

Voice
BioMed Data
EMU
PCM Telemetry
Emergency Keying
TV

Reading through the technical notes, it seemed there were radios
(TX/RX1, TX/RX2) and they operated on 2282.5 MHz for transmission, and
2101.8 MHz for reception.

Looks like there were five circuits:

Primary TX
Primary RX
Voice Backup
Emergency Key
TV (FM)

I've attached some detail which may help.

Good man; thank you! That goes a long way to answering my questions and
helps me with my own concept. Thank you very much. Where did you find this?