Old March 8th 08, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC2903 color

"Rick Johnson" wrote
We may have snow and cold but we don't have earthquakes.......

Rick, et al:

New York must be "twice as lucky"....... Syracuse is the snowiest big
city in the US and we *do* have earthquakes. I've had broken windows and
dishes and other damage twice in the house I rent in the Adirondacks from
earthquakes (and where the snow pack is over 3 feet deep right now), and a
few years ago a two-lane road was lost when a quake dropped it down a
valley. The Northeast is supposedly about a hundred years over-do for a big
quake - the last one was in the mid 1750's, with considerable damage to
Boston.

George N