Old December 20th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy, sci.astro.amateur, sci.astro
ukastronomy

Default Optical transient (possible supernova) in The Antennae Galaxies -December 20th 2007

Optical transient (possible supernova) in The Antennae Galaxies -
December 20th 2007

I managed to image this object under rather unfavourable conditions
this morning. I make the position 12 01 52.81 -18 58 21.6. I used a
Takahashi Epsilon 250mm F/3.8 astrograph and an ST-8XE CCD camera
mounted on a Paramount GT1100ME mount housed at an Observatory near
Mahill, New Mexico to obtain a V band magnitude of 13.03.

http://www.martin-nicholson.info/dec.../supernova.htm

Martin Nicholson, Daventry, England.
http://www.martin-nicholson.info/1/1a.htm

Visit the Astronomical Hall of Shame at http://www.geocities.com/queen5658/