Old October 14th 15, 05:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

Default Dangers of Global Warming

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 8:30:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 3:32:58 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 11:45:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 11:30:13 AM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

I do my daily commute to work and back in my Chevy Volt using only electricity. It consumes a mere 200 watts per mile

Incorrect.

at a cost of less than 1 cent per mile. All courtesy of the Com Edison Byron Nuke plant and local windmills.

*AND* from the coal plants located nearby.

I get to work just as fast as the guy in the Porsche SUV while he gets a measly 8mpg in his gas hog.

Most people don't drive 8-mpg SUVs. Or haven't you noticed?

No coal plants serve this area.

Incorrect. Illinois is full of coal plants.

So what, I don't use coal power. Those plants are far away in southern Illinois and serve mostly Kentucky markets. And they are slowly going under due to higher costs of coal versus natural gas. Most of them will be on the scrap heap in 5 years. Going bankrupt.