Old November 23rd 19, 06:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Starshup Mk 1 blew it,s top

In article ,
says...

On 2019-11-21 10:44, Dean Markley wrote:

It was a "max" pressurization test using nitrogen. That readily explains why you didn't see your expected fireball. These tests are normal and are done to generate data useful in the iterative design process.

Got another video from further away that showed the top flying up and
falling down. During fall, it *appears* some thrusters were firing to
keep attitude control. (sporadic yellow flames instead of the white
nitrogen cloud).

Couldn't have been because it was just a bare tank top from the pictures
I've seen.

Jeff