Old October 17th 17, 12:51 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Have All Einsteinians Left the Sinking Ship?

Lee Smolin: "Where are the Einsteinians? Special relativity was the result of 10 years of intellectual struggle, yet Einstein had convinced himself it was wrong within two years of publishing it." http://www.logosjournal.com/issue_4.3/smolin.htm

How did Einstein convince himself special relativity was wrong? John Norton explains:

John Norton: "Already in 1907, a mere two years after the completion of the special theory, he [Einstein] had concluded that the speed of light is variable in the presence of a gravitational field." http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/papers...UP_TimesNR.pdf

Does "variable in the presence of a gravitational field" entail "variable in gravitation-free space as well"? The brainwashed scientific community is unable to answer this question but initiated Einsteinians know that the answer is "yes". This would not be a problem if being an Einsteinian were still profitable but it is not anymore (LIGO conspirators are an exception) so Einsteinians are leaving the sinking ship:

http://c6.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i...2108_dBrrH.png

The pioneer of the campaign was John Baez. He posted on his website information how to trap, gloriously, unlimitedly long objects inside unlimitedly short containers, then found it unbearable to live in Einstein's schizophrenic world, and eventually left the sinking ship:

John Baez: "These are the props. You own a barn, 40m long, with automatic doors at either end, that can be opened and closed simultaneously by a switch. You also have a pole, 80m long, which of course won't fit in the barn. [....] So, as the pole passes through the barn, there is an instant when it is completely within the barn. At that instant, you close both doors simultaneously, with your switch. [...] If it does not explode under the strain and it is sufficiently elastic it will come to rest and start to spring back to its natural shape but since it is too big for the barn the other end is now going to crash into the back door and the rod will be trapped in a compressed state inside the barn." http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...barn_pole.html

John Baez 2008: "Should I be thinking about quantum gravity? One of the big problems in physics - perhaps the biggest! - is figuring out how our two current best theories fit together. On the one hand we have the Standard Model, which tries to explain all the forces except gravity, and takes quantum mechanics into account. On the other hand we have General Relativity, which tries to explain gravity, and does not take quantum mechanics into account. Both theories seem to be more or less on the right track - but until we somehow fit them together, or completely discard one or both, our picture of the world will be deeply schizophrenic. [...] So, I eventually decided to quit working on quantum gravity." https://www.edge.org/response-detail/11356

All important Einsteinians, even the two Brians (Cox and Greene), seem to have left the sinking ship, even though on sunny mornings you can still hear them singing "Divine Einstein", "Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity" and "The faster you move, the heavier you get". Here is the latest news:

"...Weinberg says string theory is still the best hope we have. "I am glad people are working on string theory and trying to explore it, although I notice that the smart guys such as Witten seem to have turned their attention to solid-state physics lately. Maybe that's a sign that they are giving up, but I hope not." http://cerncourier.com/cws/article/cern/70138

Pentcho Valev