Old March 27th 12, 02:27 AM posted to sci.military.naval,alt.military,sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default New Marine Corp commercial....."Towards the Sound of Chaos"

"Bill" wrote in message
says...

I believe, and hope, that we're not far from that future
where the militaries of the world become more rescuers
than invaders. If democracy can find it's way into a couple
of more places, say Iran and China, that vision could soon
become reality.

Can we try and concentrate on Afghanistan (and possibly Iraq) for the
moment please.

I think living in a world where the USA was sent back like a dog with
its tail between its legs after taking on a gang of blokes wearing bed
sheets and armed with a load of Soviet army surpless rifles and RPGs
wouldn't be a pleasant experience.

Sent packing? The whole point of going in there is to establish
a democracy over a dictatorship. So victory for the US
can be claimed the minute the...people of these countries
clearly tell us to leave.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke
when asked by the Duke of Medina Sidonia how
many Spanish sword and buckler men he could
beat single handed with a quarterstaff.