Old May 30th 11, 10:57 PM posted to sci.astro,talk.philosophy.misc,alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,alt.alien.research
Colanth

Default Are we alone in our galaxy? ~~ How Long Would it Take

On Mon, 30 May 2011 18:49:52 +0100, "Albert Tatlock"
wrote:

Jack McKinney wrote:
How long would it take for one advanced civilization to colonize an
entire galaxy...

As long as it wanted. You're asking for a calculation in which most
of the terms are unknown. How long COULD it take? Weeks if the
civilization were advanced enough, forever if they chose not to. Any
guess is purely a guess based on total lack of knowledge.