Old May 29th 11, 08:18 PM posted to sci.astro,talk.philosophy.misc,alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,alt.alien.research
Carl Sagan's billions

Default Are we alone in our galaxy? Are we alone in our universe? Nota...

MY ANSWER, WE ARE THE ALIENS...

So I say that in all probability life on earth was created, or placed
here, even if the fairy tale of evolution were true.. WE ARE AN ONGOING
EXPERIMENT, AND THOSE IN CHARGE OF THE EXPERIMENT ARE NOT READY TO LET
US KNOW ABOUT IT..

Evolution on earth is a fact. Yes, it's possible primitive life came
earth via comets, meteors/meteorites, ice rocks, etc., etc., and did
not originate here on earth. It's even possible it was 'planted'
here
by an advanced civilization as an experiment or accidentally and
then evolved.

However then you have to ask where did that advanced civilization
come from?

If you go far enough back, many could have been planted but there
is no all powerful creator who started it all.
That is just a made-up fairytale.

I am convinced that life is created from matter by always evolving
material
processes in many places throughout the galaxy and the universe.

When you talk billions of processes and billions of years,
statistically there is a high chance movable self-reproducing
molecules,
then movable self-reproducing organisms, etc., etc., will occur,
which
will propagate. Billions of these may be dead-ends but millions or
even billions may not be.

It basically comes down to a belief in an omni-present all powerful
'Creator' or a belief in provable scientific facts.

I believe God, the Creator, is a fairytale made up by
people that needed explanations for our existence, for
life and death, the existence of animals and plants, matter,
sun, moon, stars, etc.. I believe science has proven
time and again to have much better explanations.