Old May 5th 08, 11:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Our cooling / thinning Universe fuels the engine of life.

On May 5, 3:04 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

There's not one spec of evidence that
the entropy of our visible Universe ( or the cosmos )
does anything but accrue ( OldCoot claims it vanishes ).

Oc claims that if the "ever-accelerating expansion" idea is a grand
illusion, and if the Expansion phase eventually transitions to
Contraction (as is the case under the CBB model or any 'oscillating'/
BB - Big Crunch model), then there will begin a *reversal of entropy*
with the onset of the Contraction phase.
We're talking about thermodynamic entropy, not
entropy of order. There are two classes of entropy in case you weren't
aware of that.