Old October 1st 20, 08:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Delta IV Heavy does damp squib show due to ground equipment

David Spain scribbled something on Tuesday the 9/29/2020:
Snidely writes:

[snip]

/dps "and DIVH has launched more times than SLS will"

A sobering thought.

GSE and pad issues are still delaying this launch, but maybe the 30th will
be the charm.

• Rocket: Delta IV Heavy
• Mission: NROL-44
• Launch Date: Sept. 30, 2020
• Launch Time: 11:54 p.m. EDT (0354 UTC)
• Launch Location: Space Launch Complex-37, Cape Canaveral Air Force
Station, Florida

URL:https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/next-launch/delta-iv-heavy-nrol-44

/dps

Thanks for the update. I'll try to keep a watch on this next launch
attempt.

Only about 10 minutes of video streamed, starting well after the 11:30
point (8:30 in my zone), and ending abruptly when the launch director
was told to scrub (abort at T-7s, attempted reset to T-4m+hold, then
while safing was still in progress told to stand down).

Depending on the latest cause, next attempt in 24 hours (unlikely, that
close to engine start), or 1 week, or ....

This is the pen-penultimate launch from Pad 39B, it seems, aside from
the hair-tearing.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?