Old February 7th 16, 01:28 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Michael Moroney

Default Moon was produced by head-on collision?

The Starmaker writes:

Michael Moroney wrote:

Babbling nonsense. Read up on the water cycle. Water drawn up in plants
(by the sun as part of photosynthesis, not the moon) is a minor component
of the water cycle.

What is "a minor component of the water cycle."? Are you talking about
the moon as being "a minor component of the water cycle."?

Can't you read? I said that plant transpiration of water (caused by the
sun) is a minor component. The moon is irrelevant, the words "moon" and
"tide" aren't even used in the Wikipedia article on the water cycle.
The moon isn't mentioned in a long USGS web page explaining the water
cycle, "tide" is only because they explain the water table and wells by
using the example of digging a hole at the beach which fills with water
from the ocean (and is affected by tides).

The Moon moves the ocean. Is the ocean "a minor component of the water
cycle."????

As a storage reservoir and a source of evaporation, the ocean is major.
The effect of tides on these are minimal, how minimal others are arguing
about in this thread.

Now that you understand that part..
do you understand how the moon makes the ocean?

It doesn't. It sloshes it around somewhat.

False conclusion based on a false assumption.

Do you know what the Moon does to a single drop of water on a single leaf???

I suppose it could raise a tide in it. Now I am wondering whether such
a tide could even be measured or whether a poison dart frog hopping
by would raise a larger tide in it.

Do you actually believe that the Moon and affect the whole ocean on
earth, but not a drop of water on a leaf?

Right now I am not bored enough to calculate how many nanometers high a
moon tide in a raindrop would be. Or a frog tide, either.

You don't understand the mechanism of the moon....
do you understand how the moon makes the ocean??

Babbling nonsense.