Old September 14th 06, 10:20 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

Default 2 spacewalks at the same time?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
. uk...
For a start, one lot would have to use Russian suits, as the cycling of
the Quest twice is too complex and if a problem occurred where all needed
to come in, its not big enough!

Note to designers, make bigger airlocks cos the trash they bring in takes
up more room than the crew!

Actually, with the shuttle docked you've got three airlocks available, so
you could see four EMU's and two Orlans climbing around ISS at the same
time. :-)

Why you'd ever want to do this, I have no idea. I'd think there might be
safety issues just due to the "lines of communication". It sounded bad
enough when I was listening in to the last EVA.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)