Old May 20th 04, 09:53 AM
Jim

In article , Martin Frey wrote:
At 9.50 last night an exceptionally bright satellite went practically
over my zenith - Starry Night says it was the ISS - but I've never
seen it so bright - blazing through cloud that Vega couldn't begin to
penetrate.

I've got a short loan of a Celestron 8inch which I was messing about
with (quite impressive - Jupiter was lovely.) Setting up was a
nightmare with every guide star either behind a cloud or a tree and I
got fed up with the cloud covering everything I looked at within 4
secs of finding it so I packed it in. Looked out the bedroom window
half an hour later - not a cloud in a crystal clear sky. Bummer.

Would you accept money in return for staying indoors?

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"Brace yourself, this might make your eyes water."