Old January 16th 09, 07:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default "The Future of Human Spaceflight"

Quadibloc wrote:

:On Jan 15, 10:42*am, Ian Parker wrote:
: There is one additional point which should be made. Venus is a
: complete red herring - and you know it.
:
:You raised the issue of why we aren't as polite here as people are at
:conferences of respected scientists.
:
:I was pointing out that there are people spouting nonsense here, and
:being as polite to them as if they were respected scientists
resenting the results of hard work based on sound knowledge would
:give their nonsense a credibility which it does not deserve, thereby
:confusing others.
:

In other words, Ian, we're anti-idiot and that's why you come in for
so much abuse.

territory."
--G. Behn