Old September 16th 12, 07:31 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default If I travel to a star 10 light years away and install a giant mirror

But I'd imagine apart from a very slight red shift the answer would be as I
said in any case.

The alien pun was semi serious. The idea of who actually wants to talk to
other beings and whether to transmit or not is an interesting one. I know
all about the fact that its been done once, and that the radio from here has
spread to to a certain distance, but given the huge electromagnetic output
in the universe which is not that well tuned, it would take a very lucky
alien to actually detect it, and then what?

Even Quantum entanglement needs to have the atom sent somewhere to work I
think. Reading the recent stuff on this it seems that this has its
drawbacks!

I had a horrible dream the other night where all this 'stuff' expanding the
universe was also being shoved inside atoms and sub atomic particles and
suddenly, it overcame the forces there and we all ceased to exist!

grin.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Snidely" wrote in message
After serious thinking Brian Gaff wrote :

I'm sure the alien has better things to do with his or her time though,
like perhaps avoiding daft questions.

Ah, but is this so very different from some the thought experiments of
Einstein or Schroedinger? (although the latter wasn't much into astronomy,
from what I've seen)

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?