Old October 3rd 17, 12:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default NASA is teaming up with Russia to put a new space station near the moon. Here's why.

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote:

Carbon fiber tanks will be something new for SpaceX, so it's a risk.
The question is, how big of a risk?

They've built a big tank and measured how much they can overpressure
it before it blows. They need to take another test article and
subject it to several hundred cryo cycles at something like 10%
overpressure and then tear it down to its component atoms and see how
it did.

Sounds reasonable.

Jeff