Old March 13th 04, 11:02 AM
jonathan

Default "Heliocentrism"

"Axel Harvey" wrote in message
om...

Is the "heliocentric" idea this: we choose a coordinate system in
which angular momentum is minimized?

Copernicus assumed uniform circular motion, so momentum
wasn't the reason. It was chosen to simplify the model
and improve prediction by reducing the needed epicycles.

We choose ideas based on which better predicts the future.
Based on which allows us to find the higher points on our
perceived fitness landscape.

I'll let you in on a little secret. The same laws that create
the structure of the universe also govern the evolution
of biological systems.

Fitness and gravity operate under the same laws of
organization.

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~quee0818/comp...omplexity.html

http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/People/ka...Lecture-7.html

Jonathan