Old October 17th 08, 03:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Clear Sky Chart problems?????

George Normandin wrote:

Well MS did it to me..... pushed a bunch of updates to Vista and now I can't
view Clear Sky Charts. Their website sez that this is because an add blocker
is set and that I need to tell the add-blocking software to allow adds on
their website. I have no idea how to do this. I assume that it's some
setting in IE 7. Any advise??

The advice offered by smarter people than me seems to make sense--dump
Vista in favor of XP Pro. Anecdotal evidence has it that many people
are doing that.

"We broke a lot of things. We know that, and we know it caused you a
lot of pain. It got customers thinking, hey, is Windows Vista a
generation we want to get invested in?" --Brad Brooks, Microsoft's VP
of Windows Vista consumer marketing, July, 2008.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...ems/showArticl
e.jhtml?articleID=208803153

The fact that Microsoft (OS market share circa 90 percent) is
sufficiently worried about Apple's (OS market share circa 8 percent)
anti-Vista ad campaign to spend millions on a counter-campaign speaks
worlds about Microsoft's worries about Vista. I don't know that I can
draw a very accurate analogy, but numbers-wise, that's something like
Toyota feeling threatened by Porsche.

Davoud

--
Don't re-elect the failures of the past eight years.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt com