Old May 17th 06, 01:33 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default News: Nigeria plans to launch first satellite in 2018 - Train astronauts by 2015

"Rusty" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in news:1147722462.986130.23120
@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Nigeria to Launch Locally Made Satellite, 2018

http://allafrica.com/stories/200605110077.html

Daily Champion (Lagos)
May 11, 2006
Posted to the web May 11, 2006

Lagos

FEDERAL Government yesterday set in motion plans to launch the first
made-in-Nigeria satellite by 2018. Ahead of this plan, the country

also
expects to produce its first astronauts nine years from now.

I confess I kept reading for the punchline, and was disappointed when it
never arrived.

The punchline is, it will be an e-mail relay satellite.

Oh, actually I heard taht this was how they were shipping my 10% of millions
I helped to transfer out fo the country for the late Osbago deLarma who
unfortunately was killed in a car crash.

;-)

Rusty