Old February 28th 18, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

Default NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:46:25 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

Bill wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 23:32:23 -0800 (PST), Chris.B wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 23:26:05 UTC+1, somebody wrote:

And yet, the US runs the world. Go figure.

Which explains my cough beef with America, Bill.

WE, of the rest of the world didn't get to vote for our own
demise. The world, outside the USA, is absolutely horrified by
the infantile Trumpet. Plus the USA's endlessly and deeply
corrupt, pseudo-religious politics of insatiable, global greed
and evil interference and promotion of human slavery.

The three party system doesn't work in anyone's interest except
the ultra-rich: The majority NRA, minority White House & deaf,
dumb and blind GOP gravy train is a recipe for global mayhem.
That mayhem is self-sown right right there at home.

No other Western country is so wasteful, so destructive, so
unwell, has so many prisoners, so much violent crime, so much
reliance on drugs, so many massacres, so much racial tension,
such low average wages, so little real democracy and so many
poor.

Despite these crippling weaknesses your country's malevolent
influence on global business and politics continues. What price
freedom when it is at the price of such misery?

To add to the tragedy your very own businessmen have massively
bolstered Chinese trade and military power for private greed.
As the World's Boy Scout slinks away from the world's latrines
who will take up the pretence of moral leadership?

The American people and world's people deserve far better than
endless Xi dictatorship. With Putin playing the role of
Mussolini. Did the American people vote for this brave new
century's Hitler? American businessmen certainly did. With
their mass export of real jobs and priceless, hard-won
technology.

You appear to have misttributed his remarks to me.

He *is* an idiot, you know

So what if he is an idiot - sometimes?

We, the US, are not perfect by a long shot - and whether not he's
foaming at the mouth with resentment towards the US won't change the
fact that we do have problems at home and abroad that continue to evade
solutions.

Lots of people are blind with hate towards Trump. I agree with him on
some things - and disagree with him on others; but he IS my president -
and I want him to do his duty to the American people -- what he owes us
all, under our laws and constitution. Past that, he's just a human
being with a lot on his plate - and the whole f-ing world taking pot
shots at him - hoping he'll fail.

Whatever my disagreements with my president, the rest of the World
could not care less for us. They only want access to the US taxpayer's
money, and to tell us what and how to run our country. We've paid them
substantial amounts of money - spilled a lot of American blood in their
defense. It's F us - if we cater to their demands to do as they want us
to do, and double F us when we fail to meet their shifting expectations.

(I normally don't have the time to waste posting pointless
appeals/arguments on usenet; but a major flare-up of arthritis has me
temporarily hobbled where I am unable to pursue more appealing
opportunities. My other excuse is that the potent anti-inflammatory
medications I'm on can have a side effect of making me irritable; but
that's an excuse - not a reason. I still have a choice in what I do -
or don't do. For me, that means as soon as I have the use of my legs
back - I'll take my leave to pursue more appealing activities.)

--
Email address is a Spam trap.