Old January 17th 17, 07:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default SpaceX launch going nicely.

Lo, on the 1/15/2017, Snidely did proclaim ...
Jeff Findley explained on 1/14/2017 :
In article ,
says...

From what I've seen so far, the SpaceX launch today is going nicely.
First stage successfully landed on the barge. This is a first for the
Vandenberg barge: Just Read the Instructions.

Second stage made it to parking orbit. Right now is a long coasting
period before second stage two performs another burn.

10 out of 10 on the "Iridium Next" satellite deployments.

Congrats to SpaceX on a successful return to flight!

Brian's email reported good visibility up through stage separation.

From Brian Webb's report:

" Following stage 1/2 separation, the shapes of both stages and the
widening gap between the stages were visible through the binoculars."

The next issue of Launch Alerts had several reports, most from the
coast but also ranging from Mission Viejo to Palo Alto (contrail only
for both). I was behind schedule and a closed door at the time, and
an hour later I failed to look for any remnants of the contrail as I
left (from just north of Mission Viejo).

/dps

--
Ieri, oggi, domani