Old October 7th 09, 11:46 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Kepler Mission: why no near planets yet ?

On Oct 6, 9:40*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
N:dlzcD:aol T:com (dlzc) wrote:

"ivk" wrote in message
I think Kepler has downloaded about 5 months of
observations.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...2c6b2d9d23b911

... so we'll know more tomorrow.

"WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a media briefing
on Thursday, Aug. 6, at 2 p.m. EDT, to discuss
early science results of the Kepler mission.
Kepler is the first spacecraft with the ability to find
Earth-size planets orbiting stars like our sun in a
zone where liquid water could exist."

Where does the press release talk about Oct 7th,
2009?

Yes, it could be today (Wed 6th), tomorrow (Thu 7th),
or next year when [Oct 6th] falls on a Thursday...

Gaaa....

David A. Smith