Old October 7th 09, 03:02 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Kepler Mission: why no near planets yet ?

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Oct 6, 9:40*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
N:dlzcD:aol T:com (dlzc) wrote:

"ivk" wrote in message
I think Kepler has downloaded about 5 months of
observations.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...2c6b2d9d23b911
... so we'll know more tomorrow.

"WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a media briefing
on Thursday, Aug. 6, at 2 p.m. EDT, to discuss
early science results of the Kepler mission.
Kepler is the first spacecraft with the ability to find
Earth-size planets orbiting stars like our sun in a
zone where liquid water could exist."

Where does the press release talk about Oct 7th,
2009?

Yes, it could be today (Wed 6th), tomorrow (Thu 7th), or next year
when Oct 7th falls on a Thursday...

David A. Smith