Old November 20th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: Yet another Planetary Nebula discovery

Cool stuff Richard... good thing you have the long FL scope to reach out and
touch these things.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
om...
Mike Howell and I have been collaborating as of late in the quest for
uncatalogued planetary nebulae. We found one on Nov 4 in an image that
Mike took and one that I took. So we decided to call this one
Howell-Crisp1

both of us found it in widefield images and I have since taken an image of
it using the Stinger 450 cassegrain on Nov 9 but the seeing was very
unsettled that night, there was a ton of moon and some thin clouds and
lots of dew.

Well rest assured that when the weather gives me the chance I will return
to it for a better high resolution image

In the meantime we will have to settle for the discovery shots, my high
res shot taken under poor conditions and some images I put together from
the DSS

I attached the image I made from the DSS F, J and N plates since it looks
the best and also attached the POSS F filter image as it is the best high
resolution image of it so far

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hc1_planetary_page.htm